Dear Sun-Power Automatic Gate Owner,
Each year from the start of winter, we get calls from people that have a Sun-Power Solar Gate that has ceased working, this is very common.
Your solar panel faces the unique challenge of not getting enough sunlight during the winter months.
Here are a few tips that might help.
- The solar panel purpose is to charge the battery, if the battery is more than a few years old it might not be charging and therefore it might be time to replace the battery (Batteries don’t last for ever).
A High Quality 12V 9amp battery is supplied in each XP Series Kit from Sun-Power
- Keep your solar panel clean. Wipe it with a damp cloth to removing any dust and grime. [Make this a regular routine]
- Check that the solar is still pointed to the north, re-adjust if required
- Prune trees near the gate. The shadow of ONE leaf is enough to stop 90% of the charging Capacity.
- The 20 Watt 12v Solar Panel should be located where it will receive maximum exposure to the sun
- Standard cable length fitted to Solar Panels is 5 Metres
- Solar cable should not be extended by adding ‘A bit more’ to the standard length as it will not function correctly
- Solar cable can be up to 100 metres long
- Sun-Power can supply & fit cable up to 100 Metres in one continuous length advise required length with your initial order and we will advise the additional cost